What is a cookie?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. They make it possible for us to provide our online ticketing service and track visitor statistics, such as returning visitors.
What cookies do the National Theatre use and why?
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our website and allowing you access to secure areas of the site. We use these cookies to manage the shopping baskets on our ticketing pages and our NT Bookshop site, as well as enabling visitors to log in and access their MyNT account pages. The cookies used for these functions are temporary cookies that are removed once the transaction has been completed or you log out. It is not possible to purchase anything on our website without accepting these cookies.
These cookies allow the website to identify preferences and support how the website functions. The information these cookies collect is made anonymous which means we will not be able to identify you personally.
These cookies also support social media components, like Facebook or Twitter so you don’t have to login every time you share embedded content. When you visit a page on our website with embedded content from social media platforms (such as Facebook, YouTube etc) these providers may set their own cookies on your web browser to set the success of their application and to customise that application to you. The NT doesn’t control these cookies, you can manage your settings directly within those platforms.
If you have any further questions, you can email email@example.com
These cookies are used to collect information about the ways in which visitors use our site and how quickly our site is responding to our visitors. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, so we don't know who is using our site. We use this performance information on regarding the ways in which people use our website to compile reports, and to help us improve the site.
Third-party cookies may be placed on a user’s device which remembers that you have visited certain websites. This is in order to provide you with a targeted advert most relevant to you and your interests, and is referred to as online behavioural advertising, or OBA. These cookies can track your visits, but they don’t know who you are even if you are logged in to MyNT.
Without these cookies, online advertisements you see may be less relevant to you.
It is easy to manage your cookies by adjusting your browser settings. For more information about cookies and how to opt-out, visit any of the following industry bodies:
- European interactive digital advertising alliance – https://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- Digital Advertising Alliance – https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative – http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising
All browsers are different, but by adjusting your browser settings you can prevent your browsing from being tracked. Here are links to the help pages on the major browsers, where you can manage your cookie settings:
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Mozilla Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Clear+Recent+History
As outlined above, you can manage third-party advertising cookies through the Interactive Advertising Bureau – https://www.iab.com/
To the best of our knowledge, below is a list of our main advertising network partners, who set cookies on our websites to provide targeted adverts relevant to you and your interests:
- Admaxim – http://www.admaxim.com/admaxim-privacy-policy/
- Affectv – https://affectv.com/opt-out
- Crimtan – https://www.crimtan.com/cookies/opt-out/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Fifty – https://fifty.io/privacy-policy.php
- Flashtalking – https://www.flashtalking.com/optout
- Google – https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB
- OwnerIQ (NT Live website only) – https://www.owneriq.com/privacy-notice#opt-out
- Sizmek – https://www.sizmek.com/privacy-policy/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy
To opt out of their cookies follow the link provided. Please note, this does not mean you will see fewer adverts; you will still see the same number, but they will be less targeted to your interests.
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org