Perfect for anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed performance environment – including those with an autism spectrum condition or learning disability.
- the lights in the audience will be up so that it's not too dark
- you can make noise during the show
- you can come and go as you please
- if you need a break there are chill out areas in the foyer
- We make small changes to the lights and sound (such as taking out strobes lights) so that the performance is more accessible if you have sensory sensitivities.
The National Theatre provides a limited number of Relaxed performances, and our forthcoming Relaxed Performances are listed below:
Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear - the Musical!
Saturday 17 August, 2 pm
TO BOOK for the Relaxed Performance of Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear - the Musical! click this link. This will unlock £15 tickets for this performance.
PLUS: Join us before the Relaxed Performance for a Relaxed Workshop, from 11am - 12.30pm. Adults £6, children £4. More info and book.
DOWNLOAD the Visual Story to prepare for your visit.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Saturday 18 January, 2pm
TO BOOK for the relaxed performance of The Ocean at the End of the Lane click this link. This will unlock £15 tickets for this performance.