Join us during February half term for a day of inspiring professional development, exploring theatre practice through workshops, talks, discussions and masterclasses with a variety of fantastic theatre-makers, including NT artists and staff.
Artists and practitioners confirmed for day 2:
- Director Katie Mitchell (When We Have Sufficiently Tortured Each Other, Cleansed, Waves at the National Theatre) in conversation with Dan Rebellato
- Physical theatre company Frantic Assembly (Movement Directors for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time)
- Jesse Jones, director and co-founder of devising company, Wardrobe Ensemble (Education, Education, Education)
- Puppeteers Toby Olié and Finn Caldwell (original War Horse cast and founders of Gyre and Gimble
- Director Sally Cookson (Treasure Island, Peter Pan and Jane Eyre at the National Theatre)
- Director, Ned Bennett (Pomona, Yen, An Octoroon at the National Theatre) and Designer, Georgia Lowe (An Octoroon at the National Theatre)
Panel Discussion: Exploring Contemporary Practitioners with:
Emma Rice (Artistic Director, Wise Children and former Artistic Director, Kneehigh) Suzanne Andrade ( Co-founder 1927) Sharon Kanolik (Head of Learning and Participation, Frantic Assembly) Colin Nightingale (Creative Producer, Punchdrunk)
The conference fee includes lunch and refreshments.
The Drama Teacher Conference is now fully booked, if you are interested in other opporutnities please contact Sarah Eastaff, Secondary and FE Programme Manager Seastaff@nationaltheatre.org.uk
‘The conference feels like a present to drama teachers - a creative luxury both rewarding and informative.’ Teacher, 2017 conference
‘I am taking so much new stuff into my classes and my pupils love it! Invaluable.’ LAMDA Examinations Teacher, 2018 conference